29. October 2015 10:10
OfficeClip Contact Manager provides integration with Skype. This enables you to call your contact via skype using one click. To enable this feature do the following:
1. From Settings > Entire Site click on Options
2. Check mark the show skype button
3. Now you should see a phone icon next to the phone field
4. Clicking on it should bring up skype call window (if skype is installed)
8. October 2015 14:10
In the past couple of weeks some new customers reported that their times are not shown in the proper timezone.
There are two ways to change timezone in OfficeClip:
- Organization Timezone: This is set by the administrator when the organization is created. The timezone of every new user will be set to this value. To change this go to Settings > Organization Settings > Timezone and Custom Fields (under Organization)
- Personal Timezone: This will override the default timezone that is set by your group administrator. To change this go to Settings > My Profile > Personal Preferences
The video below shows this in action:
See this video in high definition in YouTube
8. September 2015 15:09
In OfficeClip Contact Manager, we do not have a status field for each contacts. The CRM software is configurable enough that you can add an user-defined field called Status
and use it to manage status of all the contacts. To do this:
- Click on Admin > Custom Fields
- Add a field of list type
- From the configure field button add the list values
- Now you can add the status to any contacts and also see it on the list screen.
See the video tutorial below on how to do this:
See this video in high definition in YouTube
7. August 2015 18:08
Suppose you have a bunch of enhancements to make and it seems all of them are important for the next release. You have to have a scientific way to manage priorities. When I got into such a situation, I looked for a simple way to implement a decision matrix
to select which ones to do first.
Here is a Google Template I created to help me. I hope it can also help to make your future decisions (with conflicting choices and priorities) more objective.
24. June 2015 16:06
OfficeClip Suite consists of a Free Contact Management Software
that can capture leads
from your website. Once leads are in the contact manager, you can track, follow-up and convert them into accounts. This article shows how to setup the lead capture module.
23. June 2015 22:06
If your organization provides professional services, it may be useful for your website to allow your visitors create an appointment. This tutorial walks you through the entire process of how to implement this using Group Calendar in the OfficeClip Contact Management Software.
1. In main calendar screen click on the button "Share this Calendar"
2. Click on the Show Event Details button to show the details of the events on your website calendar. Select this option if you are sharing the calendar on your intranet.
3. Select the email address that will be notified to the appointment administrator (in your organization) when a visitor books an appointment on your website
4. This creates two links, the first link is to show the full calendar to your website.
5. The second link only allows your visitor to see the "Request Appointment" form
6. You can use an iframe or just a hyperlink to show the calendar on your website. Your visitor will be able to click on the "Request New Appointment" button to request a new appointment.
7. Your visitor fills up the request appointment screen
8. An email is sent to the appointment administrator who can click on a button to finally approve the appointment
9. The appointment administrator makes final adjustments and approves the event.
The event now shows up in the OfficeClip calendar
10. An email is also sent to your visitor to confirm the event
This feature is a part of the free contact management software
17. June 2015 15:06
For many of our customers who have been sending me weekly emails about the new release, here it is!
In this release we have enhanced the extranet and fixed few bugs. For more details please see:
7. May 2015 16:05
OfficeClip Campaigns module can be used to send campaigns and newsletters for free as long as you have a SMTP
account to send emails. If you are not sending huge number of emails, you can use your company smtp account (or even a free account like Gmail).
Bulk email providers like Elastic Email
or Amazon SES
are very cost effective for sending large number of emails. Make sure that when sending bulk emails, you should setup DKIM
or other mechanism to authenticate yourself.
module provides features for creating good looking html emails from templates. It can also track when the user received or open emails. Currently its feature set is not as extensive as other commercial providers where you pay anything between ten to hundreds of dollars.
Here is a video on how to create and send campaigns with OfficeClip, which I created while helping a customer on this issue.
2. March 2015 15:03
We have finally
released the new version 10.3.49! Thank you for your patience. Following are a partial list of things done in this release:
- CRM - Redesigned Google Sync with new API
- CRM - Tags are now exporting in the csv file
- CRM - Skype integration
- Projects - Added Notes
- Many bug fixes and minor enhancements. Please see the Release Notes for details.
17. February 2015 12:02
Customer service, an often ignored or outsourced service, is key to an organization’s growth and survival. In today's connected world, where prospective customers perform web searches before buying a product, the quality of the service translates to the ability to sell a product. Additionally, customers discuss their bad experience on websites and social networks.
29. January 2015 22:01
With Release 10.3 we introduced advanced filters in OfficeClip Contact Manager and CRM
. I have heard from customers on creating a write up on how to use the advanced filter features for contacts and accounts.
CRM data is often more useful when filtered! OfficeClip CRM filters are powerful in that they can express many complex conditions. This article teaches you how to use the filter efficiently.
13. January 2015 14:01
Today most Fortune 500 companies have offices in other countries like China and India.
Small businesses can compete by using virtual teams to complete development projects.
The challenge is how to manage projects where all team members are not in the same geographical location.
According to i4cp’s productivity blog, even though the use of geographically dispersed teams doing complex work has increased, they require proper structures and knowledge sharing to make them work effectively. Show the infographics on the above web page here.
4. January 2015 16:01
Many small business owners create goals for their company every year. A few owners think this process is a waste of time and decide things as they come.
When creating goals, it is important to make them specific and to evaluate your progress. For example, when creating sales goals make them specific in terms of sales numbers (say increasing from $600,000 to $1M), then look at creating specific action steps to achieve these goals. Finally, every month- and quarter-end review the goals and the results. The article How to develop your 2015 Business Goals
provides a clear explanation of the process.
Once you have determined your goals, you will need to create a good strategy to implement the action steps. Now, how do you create a good strategy, or what is a bad strategy? Most often this is understood in hindsight when we look back at what did not work.
Photo Courtesy edonahue Creative Commons Attribution
29. December 2014 12:12
In any CRM, Tags allows free form categorization of contacts, customers and other entities. Usually contacts are often categorized using lists with fixed values. These are sometimes restrictive because they do not allow normal users to easily change an existing value. Also, in most places users cannot select more than one values per field.
Tags by definition is free form and users can easily add or remove them. Entities using tags can be easily searched and categorized.
OfficeClip contact manager implements hierarchical tags. This means that entities can be categorized in two levels. For example, you may want to create a higher level tag called insurance. You can then tag one contact, say John, Provides Life Insurance services and lived in Florida and another contact Mary, provides Auto Insurance service and lived in Georgia.
Tag: Services > Life Insurance
Lived In > Florida
Tag: Services > Auto Insurance
Lived In > Georgia
So you can search based on the services provided or where the contact lived in.
30. October 2014 16:10
Finding the right contacts from a list of, say 10,000 contacts, is time consuming.
Filters are sometimes difficult for understand and use.
Consider the following:
You want to send newsletters to all non-customers in the state of
Georgia and Florida whose birthday is in this month.
In OfficeClip, you can create such a filter intuitively. The completed
filter will look like:
We worked hard to provide you a filter that is simple to understand and
yet powerful to represent most of the conditions.
See a video on how to use the new filter:
8. August 2014 19:08
Image by -JvL- from Flickr Creative Commons
Duplicati is an open source, powerful backup software on the cloud. It can take
backups to various storage clouds like Google drive, Amazon S3, Microsoft OneDrive,
ftp etc. It supports full and incremental backup.
OfficeClip develops free basic and enterprise edition of the Contact Manager (CRM), project management and
support ticket software suite that can be installed on private clouds like amazon Ec2.
This article will show how to backup OfficeClip sql database, documents and code files using Duplicati and amazon s3 cloud.