15. July 2014 15:07
Starting today the OfficeClip suite, consisting of
the Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) and HR Management module, will be
available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in AWS Marketplace with hourly and
OfficeClip Suite provides small businesses with the
ability to manage customers, employees, and projects with one suite of applications.
The software solution provided by OfficeClip under one platform includes
, DCAA compliant Timesheet
, Expense Management, and Project
Tracking and Issue Tracking
system. OfficeClip customers enjoy an integrated
software experience and can avoid having to acquire and manage multiple
products to run their business.
"The AWS Cloud is a secure, scalable, and cost
effective platform for our customers. In addition to our SaaS and local
installation solution AWS can provide our customers with the benefits of
preinstalled software and having full control of their own data." says SK
Dutta, President of OfficeClip LLC.
“We are excited to have OfficeClip offer their
software with annual subscriptions on AWS Marketplace. Many
customers want the flexibility to purchase software in a way that allows them
to forecast expenses ahead of time,” said Barry Russell, Head of Business
Development for AWS Marketplace, Amazon Web Services, Inc. “Annual subscriptions on
AWS Marketplace enable customers to do that. With the OfficeClip suite
available in both hourly and annual pricing, customers can quickly expand or
launch new initiatives without large up-front costs, while taking advantage of
material savings for steady-state, long-term workloads.”
OfficeClip will be available in AWS Marketplace
two editions. The basic edition will be free for all AWS Marketplace users, and
the enterprise edition can be purchased hourly, or yearly at a significant discount.
AWS infrastructure charges apply.
2. July 2014 16:07
OfficeClip Contact Manager / CRM has a dedicated Outlook add-in
to sync with outlook contacts. This add-in is provided in the enterprise edition of OfficeClip free of cost. The basic edition users can export contacts from outlook and import in OfficeClip. This video explains how to do this:
16. June 2014 17:06
In OfficeClip you can setup each of your companies as organization. Each organization is a separate entity and has it's own information (like contacts, accounts, invoices, timesheet, expenses, users etc.)
When you setup an OfficeClip account, you are effectively setting up multiple copies of OfficeClip, each independent of the other.
The access privilege of various information in organization is simple. You have access to the organization if you are a member of the organization. If an user belongs to multiple organization, he/she can switch between them and have access to the data.
You can use this feature to manage information between multiple divisions which are located in different geographic regions or are completely independent.
12. May 2014 16:05
We are pleased to let you know that a new version of OfficeClip (10.2.16) has been released. This release fixes many bugs, some which are:
- In some cases entering alphanumeric characters in the custom numeric field triggers an error (IK0435)
- Cannot use track time in chrome browser (SD0429)
- There is no way to recover the archived timeoff request (KP0667)
- Basic edition users are unable to set mileage (MO0513)
- In some cases emails through OfficeClip is not getting sent (JC0648)
- Manual Sync of QuickBooks is not filtering service items correctly (SD0428)
- In some cases export csv for accounts is giving error (RK0622)
6. May 2014 12:05
During customer pre-qualification stage your representative needs to use consistent scripts. In OfficeClip you can create templates that can be used multiple times to record the pre-qualification conversations.
In OfficeClip you can create the script once and store it in the library, you can then use it for the pre-qualification of all your contacts.
18. April 2014 16:04
Your company may work on various projects and track time
and expenses for them using software like OfficeClip
. Today I am going to show you how to give limited access to your customers so that they can track information related to their own projects.
This process includes a few steps:
- While creating a report, click on the Filter tab and set the filter to a particular customer or project. You may also use the filter to restrict the number of employees that works in the project.
- Now click on the Filter Permission tab and only check mark those fields that you want to allow your customers to change.
- Once the report is created, create a secured share for this report for your customer.
That's it! now your customer can access this report in a restricted fashion and will be able to view his/her own project information. The video below shows how to set this up.
14. March 2014 22:03
OfficeClip Contact Manager
has ability to set privileges and access permission using rules.
To run your business effectively you may require different permissions for different users types. For example, one company may require everybody in their organization to be able to modify all contacts but not be able to delete them. While another organization may require contacts cannot be seen until it is assigned to the user. OfficeClip's rule based permission takes care of many of these scenarios.
Recently we have received a few requests to explain the details of the access permission of OfficeClip Contact Manager. I have created a video which attempts to explain some of it.
Note: For clarity watch in full-screen mode
Did this video help? please ask your questions or provide comments below.
21. February 2014 08:41
Amazon provides a free-tier for its EC2 (Elastic Cloud) on their smallest server (called micro-instance) for one year as long as you are within their limits of access (for limits see http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/). In most cases you will not have to pay for it in the first year. After the first year you will pay around $15 to $20 per month if you prepay for one or three years. Please visit http://aws.amazon.com/free and the amazon AWS site at http://aws.amazon.com to get more details.
We have created an Amazon Machine for you with OfficeClip already installed. The basic version of OfficeClip is free for 10 users. So essentially you can run OfficeClip dedicated server free for one year.
Let's see how this compares with installing OfficeClip at your own machine:
- Pros: You have a dedicated machine but do not have the hassle of software installation and maintenence
- Pros: OfficeClip is pre-installed for you, so all you have to do is start the machine
- Pros: Amazon currently provides a free-tier for one year
- Pros: You can dynamically scale processing power, memory and disk space while keeping the information intact.
- Cons: Amazon Free Tier Micro Instance is a small machine and OfficeClip may run slow. We have tested it ourselves. While most operations are fast, sometimes you may have to wait for a few seconds delay.
- Cons: Amazon charges for the bandwidth, so you have to be careful. If your machine is compromised by some spyware, it can run up your bills quite a bit. Amazon has alarms to guard against it but most people do not set those.
- Cons: It is more expensive to host your machine at amazon compared to hosting it on premise if you do not consider human labor cost of installation and maintenence.
31. January 2014 12:50
For the past few months we have been working hard in making OfficeClip more usable to our users. In the new release 10.2.1 we have fixed numerous bugs and created many enhancements. Most of these enhancements below are created based on your idea and your support request:
Contact Manager and CRM
New Custom field types:
- Parent Child Fields - This will allow users to create a custom field that will depend on another field. For example, if you have a field called country and another related field called state, when you change a country to say United States, the state field will only show the US states.
- Calculated fields - You can add a formula to a field that is dependent on another field. For example, you might want to see how long an opportunity is open. So, you can create a field called "days open" which can be computed as "today's date - opportunity created date".
- Multi select list - In this release we have added a multi-select list where you can select more than one list items. For example, you might want to keep track of your contact's hobbies. You can create a field called Hobby that has more than one values like Drama and Swimming.
These enhancements are available to the Basic (Free) and Enterprise versions of OfficeClip.
- On Screen Rules: When entering new contacts, it is sometimes necessary to do dynamic validation check or pre-populate some fields based on another field. These can now be done using the On-Screen rules in CRM Admin.
This enhancements is available to the Basic (Free) Version of OfficeClip users and well as Enterprise users.
- Related data count: When seeing related data in various tabs, it is hard to see if something new has come up or if there is any data inside the tab without clicking on the Tab. We added a status on each tab that shows the number of items and if there is anything new in these tabs.
- Daily Call List Enhancement: The daily call list now shows multiple day call list grouped by date. This makes it easier to all past (and future) unattended calls.
- Campaign Templates: OfficeClip campaigns provides ability to create and send campaigns using your own SMTP account without having to pay a third party for sending emails. In this release we provide you with many email templates. You can select any of these templates to create your own professional campaigns.
Timesheet and Expenses
We have done numerous bug fixes in the timesheet module. We have also made it more efficient.
The most important enhancement we made in the Issue Tracker this time is the ability to use it as a Ticket Tracking software. Your customers will be able to send you support ticket via your website, email or telephone call in. They will then be able to exchange notes and keep track of status using a portal.
Video help throughout OfficeClip
No wonder our customers are perfectly satisfied with 30% of OfficeClip features. Each of our screens have loads of time saving features. But understanding it, even by reading the help files, is daunting. So we have started putting a lot of small quick start videos on many pages. Lets us know if you like it! these videos can be switched off from Settings > Site Settings > Options
Full Release Notes
To see all the OfficeClip Release notes click here
What we are doing next
Our 2014 roadmap is based on what feedback we received in 2013. You, with your input, can steer our development effort to a new direction.
Watch our blog for new announcements regarding out 2014 roadmap
Add a new idea or vote for the one you like @ http://idea.officeclip.com