18. April 2014 16:04
Your company may work on various projects and track time
and expenses for them using software like OfficeClip
. Today I am going to show you how to give limited access to your customers so that they can track information related to their own projects.
This process includes a few steps:
- While creating a report, click on the Filter tab and set the filter to a particular customer or project. You may also use the filter to restrict the number of employees that works in the project.
- Now click on the Filter Permission tab and only check mark those fields that you want to allow your customers to change.
- Once the report is created, create a secured share for this report for your customer.
That's it! now your customer can access this report in a restricted fashion and will be able to view his/her own project information. The video below shows how to set this up.
14. March 2014 22:03
OfficeClip Contact Manager
has ability to set privileges and access permission using rules.
To run your business effectively you may require different permissions for different users types. For example, one company may require everybody in their organization to be able to modify all contacts but not be able to delete them. While another organization may require contacts cannot be seen until it is assigned to the user. OfficeClip's rule based permission takes care of many of these scenarios.
Recently we have received a few requests to explain the details of the access permission of OfficeClip Contact Manager. I have created a video which attempts to explain some of it.
Note: For clarity watch in full-screen mode
Did this video help? please ask your questions or provide comments below.
21. February 2014 08:41
Amazon provides a free-tier for its EC2 (Elastic Cloud) on their smallest server (called micro-instance) for one year as long as you are within their limits of access (for limits see http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/pricing/). In most cases you will not have to pay for it in the first year. After the first year you will pay around $15 to $20 per month if you prepay for one or three years. Please visit http://aws.amazon.com/free and the amazon AWS site at http://aws.amazon.com to get more details.
We have created an Amazon Machine for you with OfficeClip already installed. The basic version of OfficeClip is free for 10 users. So essentially you can run OfficeClip dedicated server free for one year.
Let's see how this compares with installing OfficeClip at your own machine:
- Pros: You have a dedicated machine but do not have the hassle of software installation and maintenence
- Pros: OfficeClip is pre-installed for you, so all you have to do is start the machine
- Pros: Amazon currently provides a free-tier for one year
- Pros: You can dynamically scale processing power, memory and disk space while keeping the information intact.
- Cons: Amazon Free Tier Micro Instance is a small machine and OfficeClip may run slow. We have tested it ourselves. While most operations are fast, sometimes you may have to wait for a few seconds delay.
- Cons: Amazon charges for the bandwidth, so you have to be careful. If your machine is compromised by some spyware, it can run up your bills quite a bit. Amazon has alarms to guard against it but most people do not set those.
- Cons: It is more expensive to host your machine at amazon compared to hosting it on premise if you do not consider human labor cost of installation and maintenence.
31. January 2014 12:50
For the past few months we have been working hard in making OfficeClip more usable to our users. In the new release 10.2.1 we have fixed numerous bugs and created many enhancements. Most of these enhancements below are created based on your idea and your support request:
Contact Manager and CRM
New Custom field types:
- Parent Child Fields - This will allow users to create a custom field that will depend on another field. For example, if you have a field called country and another related field called state, when you change a country to say United States, the state field will only show the US states.
- Calculated fields - You can add a formula to a field that is dependent on another field. For example, you might want to see how long an opportunity is open. So, you can create a field called "days open" which can be computed as "today's date - opportunity created date".
- Multi select list - In this release we have added a multi-select list where you can select more than one list items. For example, you might want to keep track of your contact's hobbies. You can create a field called Hobby that has more than one values like Drama and Swimming.
These enhancements are available to the Basic (Free) and Enterprise versions of OfficeClip.
- On Screen Rules: When entering new contacts, it is sometimes necessary to do dynamic validation check or pre-populate some fields based on another field. These can now be done using the On-Screen rules in CRM Admin.
This enhancements is available to the Basic (Free) Version of OfficeClip users and well as Enterprise users.
- Related data count: When seeing related data in various tabs, it is hard to see if something new has come up or if there is any data inside the tab without clicking on the Tab. We added a status on each tab that shows the number of items and if there is anything new in these tabs.
- Daily Call List Enhancement: The daily call list now shows multiple day call list grouped by date. This makes it easier to all past (and future) unattended calls.
- Campaign Templates: OfficeClip campaigns provides ability to create and send campaigns using your own SMTP account without having to pay a third party for sending emails. In this release we provide you with many email templates. You can select any of these templates to create your own professional campaigns.
Timesheet and Expenses
We have done numerous bug fixes in the timesheet module. We have also made it more efficient.
The most important enhancement we made in the Issue Tracker this time is the ability to use it as a Ticket Tracking software. Your customers will be able to send you support ticket via your website, email or telephone call in. They will then be able to exchange notes and keep track of status using a portal.
Video help throughout OfficeClip
No wonder our customers are perfectly satisfied with 30% of OfficeClip features. Each of our screens have loads of time saving features. But understanding it, even by reading the help files, is daunting. So we have started putting a lot of small quick start videos on many pages. Lets us know if you like it! these videos can be switched off from Settings > Site Settings > Options
Full Release Notes
To see all the OfficeClip Release notes click here
What we are doing next
Our 2014 roadmap is based on what feedback we received in 2013. You, with your input, can steer our development effort to a new direction.
Watch our blog for new announcements regarding out 2014 roadmap
Add a new idea or vote for the one you like @ http://idea.officeclip.com
2. December 2013 15:57
I have gotten a few requests on how to make appointments on behalf of someone else in OfficeClip Calendar. Here is a quick video:
23. November 2013 15:07
Microsoft Internet Explorer is now bundled with Windows 8.1. It can also be downloaded from the Microsoft website. Microsoft has changed how this new browser is recognized by the program. This had broken some of our checks that we usually do at the beginning to see if the browser is compliant.
We have now release a new version of OfficeClip 10.1.38. If you are using the online version of OfficeClip, it is automatically upgraded for you. If you have installed it on your server, please upgrade to his version of OfficeClip. It is available at http://www.officeclip.com/web/download.html
5. November 2013 18:11
This release comes after a long time with many enhancements and bug fixes. I am listing a few of them here:
- Enhancement: It is now possible to make copies of Reports
- Enhancement: In timesheet comments box (and in CRM) when typing any characters, the remaining characters are now shown
- Bug Fix: When we open the daily call list page yellow screen error is coming(Divide by zero encountered error)
- Bug Fix: From homepage, if we click on the edit note, yellow screen is coming
- Bug Fix : Issue Id IK0191 of 10.x Release (Title : New Extranet user creation is sending Organization New User email instead of extranet email)
- Bug Fix: Issue Id NR0197 of 10.x Release Announcement is not getting saved for Free users)
- Bug Fix : Issue Id NR0192 of 10.x Release (Extranet - Login credentials are not working when sent via email)
- Bug Fix : Issue Id NR0198 of 10.x Release (Some wrong Subscription notifications are going from officeclip.com)
- Bug Fix : Issue Id NR0164 of 10.x Release ( Select a user (Who is in current org only) in timesheet proxy >> and change organization which is also proxy elabled >> then Yellow Screen is coming)
- Bug Fix : Issue Id NR0102 of 10.x Release (TimeOff emails are not going from dot com)
- Bug Fix : Issue Id NR0174 of 10.x Release (Account >> Admin >> Rules >> Access Rules >> after creating rule if we run the rule, it is not updating the existing accounts)
Photo thanks to Flickr (Globalism Pictures) creative commons attribution
17. October 2013 15:29
You can use OfficeClip to share your ideas and notes with your colleagues. In OfficeClip Desktop, click on the Notes application from the left application bar. A list of notes are shown. From here you will be able to create new notes or share them with your team.
Each note can be created using the html editor provided and then can be made private or sharable with the organization.
Notes, in OfficeClip, can be used to keep track of variety of things. For example, we use it to keep track of our weekly status and plans. You can also use it to store project notes.
3. October 2013 16:06
We are pleased to announce the new Outlook Addin (version 1.7.12) for OfficeClip. The current add-in supports Outlook version 2007, 2010 and 2013.
The add-in syncs your OfficeClip Contacts (with all associated notes), tasks and events with Outlook.
Here is a short video on how to install it and how it works!