5. October 2016 15:46
Welcome to the new release of OfficeClip. In this release we bring you a few enhancements and many bug fixes:
Before downloading a document, you can now review it using the in built viewer. Current supported files are office documents (docx, pptx, xlsx), html, pdf, xml, js and text files.
Windows Live OAuth2
If you have a windows live account, you can use that to login to OfficeClip instead of your OfficeClip login and password.
See full release notes
Download Link (for users who have the installed version)
30. August 2016 16:26
OfficeClip has now made its small business application free to run on private clouds like amazon aws or hyper-v in organizations. Previously the software was free for upto 10 users. With this release it has been made free for unlimited users. OfficeClip also provides free email support for this product.
OfficeClip creates software to manage customers and projects. This includes CRM, Timekeeping Software, Expense Management, Invoicing and Help Desk.
Starting a decade ago, OfficeClip provides software solutions to thousands of small and medium businesses. To learn more about OfficeClip visit our website at www.officeclip.com
29. July 2016 16:30
After getting a query from one of our customers, I decided to do this quick video on how to:
- Provide OfficeClip Report Access to certain members (or roles) of your team.
- Manage Access at the Reports level. For example, do not allow some reports to be shown to an employee.
Note: Make sure you exercise caution when you expose your reports to non-administrators of your organization. Depending on their access they may be able to see some information that you may not want them to see!
Please reply with your questions or comments
28. June 2016 13:16
If you are a web application developer or provisioning an application for health care, this article will provide some information on what you should be focus to be compliance with the current healthcare regulations. In accordance with the HIPAA Privacy Rule any healthcare practice (or provider) should protect patient's individual identifiable health information, often called Electronic Protected Health Information(ePHI).
This article talks about what is involved in complying with ePHI and how OfficeClip handles it.
21. June 2016 14:45
We have a new version of OfficeClip for you. It combines two previous versions. Here are the release notes:
13. June 2016 10:54
In OfficeClip you can change the access permission of documents and folders. The permission link can be accessed from the properties page. Follow these steps:
- Click on the Document Application from the left menu
- Click on the Properties icon on the same row as the folder (or document)
- Click on the Permissions link
- Click on the Edit icon on the row that you want to change permission
- Change the Permission and then Click on Save
10. June 2016 17:45
You can now track history of all the changes your coworkers made to OfficeClip. These changes can be seen in a consolidated form within OfficeClip's history window. Changes to individual applications can be seen from inside that application. Here is a video that explains how it all works:
18. May 2016 19:23
Today we have released a new OfficeClip version that contains two important enhancements and fixes more than 40 bugs.
1. Single Sign On using Google Apps and Google Login: You can now use your Google or Google Apps account to sign into OfficeClip.
2. Mark important items in OfficeClip: Now you can use Google style star icon to mark important items in OfficeClip. In addition you can use filters to see the important items. The video below shows how this can be done.
3. Bug Fixes: We have fixed more than 50 bugs in the software. For details please see our Release Notes.
3. March 2016 13:35
We have fixed few more issues and released version 10.4.2. Here are the release notes:
- Bug Fix: CRM: In contact >> view contact >> after adding a document goto history and download a file , busybox appears on the screen. BS1350(10.X)
- Bug Fix: CRM: In contacts >> call List : When choose add note it was asking for note book which should not be hapening BS1349(10.X)
- Bug Fix: CRM: Accounts - View - New Drop Down tool - Document now shows all the docs in pop up IK1345(10.X)
- Bug Fix: CRM: Contact - Email Child - There is now back button when clicked to New Account IK1337(10.X)
- Bug Fix: CRM: Contact Manager: Clicking on Alternate email address brings incorrectly populated screen PR0953(Support Tickets)
- Bug Fix: CRM: User was unable to save contacts under certain circumstances SD1381(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Invoice: List Screen >> paging was not working (always showing the first page)
- Bug Fix: Invoice: Send Note: When user clicks on the link it is giving a server error DK1378(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Issue Tracker: View issue>share >email - more than 2 email addresses if entered was giving an error DK1346(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Settings: Entire site > login screen - when we click on official website the cursor keeps on rolling DK1383(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Timeoff: Hourly Timeoff request is now working IK1364 (10.X)
- Bug Fix: Timesheet: History - Total no. of hrs if in minutes it is miscalculated in history than the actual time K1355(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Timesheet: List Screen history is now working SD1351(10.X)
- Bug Fix: Timesheet: Cannot restrict billable to a particular value... OM0955(Support Tickets)
13. February 2016 19:22
This is a major release after about 5 months. We fixed more than 150 issues and made lots of enhancements to OfficeClip. This article discusses the enhancements we made in various applications of OfficeClip:
29. October 2015 10:10
OfficeClip Contact Manager provides integration with Skype. This enables you to call your contact via skype using one click. To enable this feature do the following:
1. From Settings > Entire Site click on Options
2. Check mark the show skype button
3. Now you should see a phone icon next to the phone field
4. Clicking on it should bring up skype call window (if skype is installed)
8. October 2015 14:10
In the past couple of weeks some new customers reported that their times are not shown in the proper timezone.
There are two ways to change timezone in OfficeClip:
- Organization Timezone: This is set by the administrator when the organization is created. The timezone of every new user will be set to this value. To change this go to Settings > Organization Settings > Timezone and Custom Fields (under Organization)
- Personal Timezone: This will override the default timezone that is set by your group administrator. To change this go to Settings > My Profile > Personal Preferences
The video below shows this in action:
See this video in high definition in YouTube
8. September 2015 15:09
In OfficeClip Contact Manager, we do not have a status field for each contacts. The CRM software is configurable enough that you can add an user-defined field called Status
and use it to manage status of all the contacts. To do this:
- Click on Admin > Custom Fields
- Add a field of list type
- From the configure field button add the list values
- Now you can add the status to any contacts and also see it on the list screen.
See the video tutorial below on how to do this:
See this video in high definition in YouTube
7. August 2015 18:08
Suppose you have a bunch of enhancements to make and it seems all of them are important for the next release. You have to have a scientific way to manage priorities. When I got into such a situation, I looked for a simple way to implement a decision matrix
to select which ones to do first.
Here is a Google Template I created to help me. I hope it can also help to make your future decisions (with conflicting choices and priorities) more objective.
24. June 2015 16:06
OfficeClip Suite consists of a Free Contact Management Software
that can capture leads
from your website. Once leads are in the contact manager, you can track, follow-up and convert them into accounts. This article shows how to setup the lead capture module.
23. June 2015 22:06
If your organization provides professional services, it may be useful for your website to allow your visitors create an appointment. This tutorial walks you through the entire process of how to implement this using Group Calendar in the OfficeClip Contact Management Software.
1. In main calendar screen click on the button "Share this Calendar"
2. Click on the Show Event Details button to show the details of the events on your website calendar. Select this option if you are sharing the calendar on your intranet.
3. Select the email address that will be notified to the appointment administrator (in your organization) when a visitor books an appointment on your website
4. This creates two links, the first link is to show the full calendar to your website.
5. The second link only allows your visitor to see the "Request Appointment" form
6. You can use an iframe or just a hyperlink to show the calendar on your website. Your visitor will be able to click on the "Request New Appointment" button to request a new appointment.
7. Your visitor fills up the request appointment screen
8. An email is sent to the appointment administrator who can click on a button to finally approve the appointment
9. The appointment administrator makes final adjustments and approves the event.
The event now shows up in the OfficeClip calendar
10. An email is also sent to your visitor to confirm the event
This feature is a part of the free contact management software
17. June 2015 15:06
For many of our customers who have been sending me weekly emails about the new release, here it is!
In this release we have enhanced the extranet and fixed few bugs. For more details please see:
7. May 2015 16:05
OfficeClip Campaigns module can be used to send campaigns and newsletters for free as long as you have a SMTP
account to send emails. If you are not sending huge number of emails, you can use your company smtp account (or even a free account like Gmail).
Bulk email providers like Elastic Email
or Amazon SES
are very cost effective for sending large number of emails. Make sure that when sending bulk emails, you should setup DKIM
or other mechanism to authenticate yourself.
module provides features for creating good looking html emails from templates. It can also track when the user received or open emails. Currently its feature set is not as extensive as other commercial providers where you pay anything between ten to hundreds of dollars.
Here is a video on how to create and send campaigns with OfficeClip, which I created while helping a customer on this issue.