29. October 2015 10:10
OfficeClip Contact Manger provides integration with Skype. This enables you to call your contact via skype using one click. To enable this feature do the following:
1. From Settings > Entire Site click on Options
2. Check mark the show skype button
3. Now you should see a phone icon next to the phone field
4. Clicking on it should bring up skype call window (if skype is installed)
8. October 2015 14:10
In the past couple of weeks some new customers reported that their times are not shown in the proper timezone.
There are two ways to change timezone in OfficeClip:
- Organization Timezone: This is set by the administrator when the organization is created. The timezone of every new user will be set to this value. To change this go to Settings > Organization Settings > Timezone and Custom Fields (under Organization)
- Personal Timezone: This will override the default timezone that is set by your group administrator. To change this go to Settings > My Profile > Personal Preferences
The video below shows this in action:
See this video in high definition in YouTube
8. September 2015 15:09
In OfficeClip Contact Manager, we do not have a status field for each contacts. The CRM software is configurable enough that you can add an user-defined field called Status
and use it to manage status of all the contacts. To do this:
- Click on Admin > Custom Fields
- Add a field of list type
- From the configure field button add the list values
- Now you can add the status to any contacts and also see it on the list screen.
See the video tutorial below on how to do this:
See this video in high definition in YouTube
7. August 2015 18:08
Suppose you have a bunch of enhancements to make and it seems all of them are important for the next release. You have to have a scientific way to manage priorities. When I got into such a situation, I looked for a simple way to implement a decision matrix
to select which ones to do first.
Here is a Google Template I created to help me. I hope it can also help to make your future decisions (with conflicting choices and priorities) more objective.
24. June 2015 16:06
OfficeClip Suite consists of a Free Contact Management Software
that can capture leads
from your website. Once leads are in the contact manager, you can track, follow-up and convert them into accounts. This article shows how to setup the lead capture module.
23. June 2015 22:06
If your organization provides professional services, it may be useful for your website to allow your visitors create an appointment. This tutorial walks you through the entire process of how to implement this using Group Calendar in the OfficeClip Contact Management Software.
1. In main calendar screen click on the button "Share this Calendar"
2. Click on the Show Event Details button to show the details of the events on your website calendar. Select this option if you are sharing the calendar on your intranet.
3. Select the email address that will be notified to the appointment administrator (in your organization) when a visitor books an appointment on your website
4. This creates two links, the first link is to show the full calendar to your website.
5. The second link only allows your visitor to see the "Request Appointment" form
6. You can use an iframe or just a hyperlink to show the calendar on your website. Your visitor will be able to click on the "Request New Appointment" button to request a new appointment.
7. Your visitor fills up the request appointment screen
8. An email is sent to the appointment administrator who can click on a button to finally approve the appointment
9. The appointment administrator makes final adjustments and approves the event.
The event now shows up in the OfficeClip calendar
10. An email is also sent to your visitor to confirm the event
This feature is a part of the free contact management software
17. June 2015 15:06
For many of our customers who have been sending me weekly emails about the new release, here it is!
In this release we have enhanced the extranet and fixed few bugs. For more details please see:
7. May 2015 16:05
OfficeClip Campaigns module can be used to send campaigns and newsletters for free as long as you have a SMTP
account to send emails. If you are not sending huge number of emails, you can use your company smtp account (or even a free account like Gmail).
Bulk email providers like Elastic Email
or Amazon SES
are very cost effective for sending large number of emails. Make sure that when sending bulk emails, you should setup DKIM
or other mechanism to authenticate yourself.
module provides features for creating good looking html emails from templates. It can also track when the user received or open emails. Currently its feature set is not as extensive as other commercial providers where you pay anything between ten to hundreds of dollars.
Here is a video on how to create and send campaigns with OfficeClip, which I created while helping a customer on this issue.